Sunday, October 06, 2002

I just finished my first poetry class. Whew. Deep sigh. Glad that's over. I was very tense, but then I got more relaxed as class went on. Ms. Babson was a great help. I asked her to call me boss lady, but no go. Instead, she offered to call me "professoressa" which is female professor in Italian. I did a couple exercises with the class; I think they went down okay. I think the first day will be the hardest, because we were just getting to know each other. I could tell the students other than Anne (there were two of them) felt sort of awkward and intimidated. One woman I'd never seen before, and I was worried she felt left out, since the rest of us were talking like old chums.

Well, I can't make everyone happy! Can I? I feel like mothering everyone, and giving them wrapped up treats and taking them gently by the hand and saying, "it will all be okay. It will."

I think everyone liked the work booklet I put together. At least, I like it. I think it's very helpful to people who are interested in poetry. Contemporary poetry, at least.

No comments: