Thursday, April 06, 2006

Full disclosure: I was so busy today I didn't finish the one I was writing. So, I used a draft from one I started two days ago.

I'm feeling very eh about this one.

Raveling

Each day is a shoe lost under the bed.
Each day is a half-eaten cheeseburger.
Each day is a scratched out word.
Each day is a dislocated shoulder.
Each day is a missed taxi.
Each day is a broken watch.
Each day is an accident waiting to happen.

Each night is a shoe found under the sink.
Each night is a fully consumed rump roast.
Each night is a brand new word.
Each night is a smoothly lotioned hip.
Each night is a walk under full trees.
Each night is a minute stretched endlessly.
Each night is a an accident avoided.
____

Anyway, poetry vs. comedy was so funny! and I really enjoyed it. And I managed to freak out the sex columnist for the village voice! It doesn't get any better than that!

No comments: