Monday, June 18, 2007

Tired and excited. I stayed up all night redoing my "Saint of Lost Causes" manuscript, and I think I've got it in a really nice order. It reads a bit like a novel; starts with the birth of one character, through her childhood, into her adult life where she struggles to get pregnant. Then it follows the birth of her daughter and their relationship, her daughter's childhood, then evolves into a focus on the daughter's mental illness/saintly visions. That's the first section, titled "Saints". The second section is entitled "Cannibals" and explores various fairy tales, with a strong focus on Hansel and Gretel. I just have to put the table of contents together and I'm done. Boy, I swear I never want to read another poem of mine. I'm so sick of looking at all those little poems. I'm going to send the manuscript to Ausable Press. I have about 5 days to mail it!

Also, I went to a Purple Party (hosted by the fab Colleen):

2 comments:

sam of the ten thousand things said...

Christine, the bird at my blog was a great egret. I knew that, but mind and hand were not together on that post.

Christine E. Hamm, Poet Professor Painter said...

Man, I am never trusting you again. You're dead to me. ;)