Friday, October 14, 2005

My Obsession

I got this email at the end of August, and I've be re-reading it weekly ever since then. The Suspense is Killing Me.

"Dear this is all your fault -

You're in the group of manuscripts I hope to get to shortly (those that came in before July 1). I should say I took a look through, and the work is interesting. On the other hand, I don't object to your sending it to the other publisher if they don't mind it being at two places at once.

I'm getting quite a lot more good stuff than I will ever be able to use, and I'm committed into 2006 already. So I don't see the point of your waiting. Just let me know if they take it (and I'll let you know if I want to take it as soon as I can).

Best,

well-respected if not well-known publisher"

The other publisher who was considering it turned it down, said it was too raw and personal.

omigod every day I wait for the news!

1 comment:

Michael A. Wells said...

Gee - I would take "raw and personal" as a complement. OMG - a title! LOL - just kidding. Or was I? humm... ;)