Saturday, March 05, 2005

Career suicide, or smart move? You decide. I used the Kenyon Review online submission form in October and still haven't gotten a response. The submission guidelines say that a response can take UP TO 4 months. So I wrote a snippy note to the editor, and got the response that they have not even read the work yet. They said they'll get back to me.

At this point, the magic is gone, I just want my rejection so I can submit elsewhere. Like the Paris Review, right, that's the ticket. Snort.

2 comments:

Anne Haines said...

Hah! I submitted to them in October, too, and have been wondering -- though I wasn't going to write to them for another couple of months yet. Now you've done it so I don't have to. ;)

"I just want my rejection so I can submit elsewhere." I'm right there with you. I have a lot of stuff that's been out for a while now, since September/October, and I'm getting antsy! I know, I should write new poems to send out... but that's hard work.

I'm betting KR got swamped when they put their submissions online, though.

ideaist.wordpress.com said...

Boycott Poetry Journals. Their editors have far too much power.