Thursday, December 05, 2002

I just woke up from the wierdest dream. It was in China, but simultaneously on the deck of my parents' house out in California, and in some dorm/hotel rooms in hideous beige. I was visiting a host family in China, who lived on my parents' deck in California, but it was China in the dream. Everyone spoke English. Almost everyone in the family was black, not asian. There was a lot of cooking on the deck, spicy sizzling foods that I could never seem to eat, although I kept lining up to get them. And the weather was very humid and tropical -- it kept raining suddenly and then stopping. Vegetables, especially, red and yellow peppers grew very fast everywhere. Once some huge white goop rained down and got on everything and no one could figure out what it was. I tried to take a picture of the goop, but my camera just sizzled because it had gotten wet in the storm. I opened up the back to see if I could fix it, and all these vegetables were growing inside it. My best friend in the family was very nervous because she was applying to get a scholarship in NYC. I kept telling her that even if she didn't get this scholarship, she could get another, so not to worry. Then all the family and neighbors went to a soccer field next door, so they could do hang gliding. The hang gliders were very queer, like crude paper airplanes, or deriglebles. The wind was awful so people kept going out of control and having to jump onto the field, sometimes from great heights. But they continued to go on the rides.

No comments: