Monday, October 17, 2005

SQUEALLLLL!!

Dear Christine Hamm -

I'm abashed that I've been so long in replying - thought I had. The time just flies away.

I'd like to keep "The Transparent Dinner" just a little longer. It definitely makes the "first cut," and I need to see what is in that category, look at publication schedule, and then make final decision. I'm finally making good progress at clearing the inbox, so I should be able to give you a final answer shortly. OTOH, I certainly understand if you want to send a manuscript to the other publisher. If they accept it, please let me know.

All the best,

(Certain publisher of books)


Now I'm going to be even more anxious!!

6 comments:

Radish King said...

You need to go to their house with banana bread. And then demand an answer.

kristy bowen said...

That's awesome....of course, now you're going to be tortured even more waiting for the verdict. But at least it's a good kind of torture...;)

E-mail me and let me know you're address so I can send errata, I can't seem to find it...

kristy bowen said...

oops, that would be your address...

Christine E. Hamm, Poet Professor Painter said...

Rebecca -- Banana bread is good -- but zucchini bread is better!

Kristin -- I know; I'm so tortured!
I want to shriek and pull out my hair and dance merrily all at the same time!

Ivy said...

I'm crossing everything for you over here! Bon chance!

Michael A. Wells said...

Why don't they just put you on the rack and tighten it a bit more... ;)

Ok - a little torture can be a good thing... No?

Thinking good thoughts - lots of them. I'd cross everything too but I've already committed them.