Monday, May 16, 2005

SMUT was a great success tonight! Everybody laughed at the right moments, and they applauded after every poem, which was really gratifying. I haven't read with a mic for quite some time, so it was a little freaky having my voice boom back at me after a 2 second pause, but I got used to it quickly. I didn't rush it, which I often do when I'm stressed.

I really want to thank Desiree Burch, who was the wonderful hostess, and quite the comic in her own right. She said stuff about trying to write and procrastination that was spot on. I can't wait until her book comes out. (There is a book, right? It'd be a waste to throw all that biting insight away.)

And here I am, reading, in case you didn't believe me.

2 comments:

Ivy said...

Yay! Way to go, Christine!

Christine E. Hamm, Poet Professor Painter said...

Thanks, Ivy.