Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Dear Christine -

My profound apologies for taking so long with your work. I kept wanting to spend more time with it, and not having the time.

To get to the point: I'd like to publish "The Transparent Dinner." I will probably want to suggest a few editorial changes and perhaps cutting the length slightly, but let me get the most important part out of the way for you first. The poems are strong, often scary and sometimes very funny. I think they'll be a good addition to Mayapple Press's lineup._____

___

I'm so happy I'm like drunk with the happy! Spinning around, talking to myself.

16 comments:

Ivy said...

Yay! Fantastic! Brava, brava!

Christine E. Hamm, Poet Professor Painter said...

Thanks!!

na said...

I've enjoyed reading poems on your blog so am not surprised. Congratulations!
eileen

shanna said...

TERRIFIC! Congratulations!!

Emily Lloyd said...

FABULOSITY!!!

Amanda Auchter said...

Congrats! How very exciting!

Christine E. Hamm, Poet Professor Painter said...

EILEEN -- thanks! I love your work too! I didn't even know you read my blog.

shanna -- thank you. I'm so surprised. It still doesn't feel real!

Emily -- thanks so much. Your opinion means a lot to me.

Amanda -- thanks! you believed in me and published me way back when. Okay, last year, but it sounded nice.

Anonymous said...

whoo hoo!

:)

:)

:)

:)

kristy bowen said...

Wow..how awesome...they have lovely books, too...I have one around here somewhere...Congrats!

Suzanne said...

YES! Wonderful news, Christine, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Christine E. Hamm, Poet Professor Painter said...

Thanks Jilly, Suzanne and Kristy -- it's so wonderful to hear congratulations -- makes it seem real.

Michael A. Wells said...

Fab-U-Loso!

You Go Girl!

Radish King said...

Wonderful! YOu are the Book Queen, now, officially.

Patry Francis said...

Woo Hoo! So very happy for you, Christine! Let me know when it comes out so I can order one.

p.s. Love the title.

Christine E. Hamm, Poet Professor Painter said...

Michael, Rebecca, and Patry -- thanks so much. You guys are the best.

Mike Snider said...

Christine, fabulous news! Sorry to be late to the party.