Sunday, March 20, 2005

I am passing the sticky!



You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?
The Collected Poems of Emily Dickinson, because she knew a lot about burning.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Not on a written character, because I need visuals – but when I was young, Keanu Reeves and…Madonna. Shudder.

The last book you bought is:
Blab: the comics anthology

The last book you read:
The Secret Life of Bees. Just awful. Stay away. I can’t even begin to list all the things wrong with this book. Yet I finished it.

What are you currently reading?
Are You Experienced? poetry anthology edited by Pamela Gemin
The Collected Poems of Mark Strand
Pick up at Noon Street – early short stories by Raymond Chandler
Michelle Tea’s Rent Girl
Final Girl – Daphne Gottlieb
Granta – shrinks
I read a lot of books at the same time.

Five books you would take to a deserted island:
Collected works of Shakespeare, because they would take forever to finish.
Sylvia Plath, collected poems.
Gertrude Stein, 3 Lives.
Wallace Stevens, Collected Poems.
and a blank book for writing.

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
JaneCrow -- a fantastic interesting chica/poet who is a loyal reader of my blog.
Mickey Z -- an extremely learned counter-culture hero, and also a gifted poet.
Jason Stuart – a great poet and funny guy, sent me poetry postcards despite my flakiness in returning the favor.

4 comments:

Aleah Sato said...

Hey, I finished mine and passed the honours on to some other unfortunate, er, fortunate souls. Cheers!

Madonna, eh? Ick.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
It would be neat to be able to track this backwards. Will you say who passed it to you?

Christine E. Hamm, Poet Professor Painter said...

Hi, pig. I kind'a like your handle. It was land mammal who passed it on to me. Her link is on the bottom of my link list.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Christine,
pig can't find it.
it's ok - probably some sort of rooting malfunction.
happy to get a response nontheless.